We want all children in the Czech Republic to grow up in violence-free families.
We help children and their parents to live a violence-free life and strengthen healthy family relationships.
WE HELP CHILDREN
- Defend their right to a violence-free childhood
- Overcome experiences with domestic violence without lasting effects
- Establish healthy relationships and refrain from imitating their parents' hurtful behavior
WE HELP PARENTS
- Overcome their difficult situation while continuing to function as mom and dad
WE HELP THE WHOLE FAMILY
- Stop violence in families
- Restore lost stability
- Ensure safety
- To stop violence in families.
- To help children cope with the effects of violence.
- To help both parents cope with the effects of violence and enhance their parental competences.
- To reduce the risk of transgenerational transfer of violent behavioral patterns.
- To prevent children from secondary victimization, i.e. to prevent any further damage to the child caused when dealing with the authorities.
All our services are free and available to families from Prague and the Central Bohemian Region.
- Respect to self, to another, to the client's capacities as well as our own capacities
- Boundaries, self-care, expertise, communicativeness, creativity, clear rules within the team, openness in communication, transparency, cooperation between and within organizations, self-education, self-reflection, humbleness (associated with respect), openness to change, to something new, flexibility, emotional stability
- Hope that we are making a difference, believe in the goals of our work, focus on the positives, ability to handle a situation, ability to give clients hope, confidence in the team, in the possibility to find a solution, in the client, hope that we keep the project afloat, we cannot save everyone but there are other ways how the clients can help themselves or be helped by someone else.
DEFINITION OF VIOLENCE THAT WE WORK WITH IN THE LOCIKA CENTER
VIOLENCE IS AN ACT AGAINST ANOTHER INTENDED TO HURT, INTIMIDATE OR HUMILIATE THEM FORCING THEM TO ACT AGAINST THEIR WILL OR NOT TO ACT ACCORDING TO THEIR WILL. (Barbora Jakobsen and Marius Råkil, Violence Can Be Stopped, eds. 2017, page 27)
Domestic violence (DV) – all acts of physical, sexual, mental, economic or other forms of violence occurring in the family or in the household, or between former or current spouses, partners or close relatives, regardless of whether the violent person shares or shared a common household with the person at risk of such violence. (Domestic and Gender-Based Violence Prevention Action Plan for the Years 2015-2018 in Barbora Jakobsen and Marius Råkil, Violence Can Be Stopped, eds. 2017, page 27).